Joseph L. Stanganelli
One International Place ~ 14th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
Joe Stanganelli concentrates his practice on intellectual property litigation and other complex business disputes, including trial court experience in both the federal and state courts and before the American Arbitration Association, as well as Court of Appeals arguments. In addition to patent litigation, Joe's more than 22 years of experience has involved successfully representing corporate clients in multiple business dispute contexts, including copyright, trademark, trade secret and unfair competition suits, technology license and development disputes, complex insurance litigation, and private company shareholder disputes. Joe also regularly advises clients on how to avoid litigation, and on pre-litigation strategy, to best achieve their business goals.
- Representation of food packaging manufacturer in enforcing patent rights in multiple infringement actions with domestic and international competitors.
- Representation of European pharmaceutical company in patent license dispute with U.S. licensor/debtor in bankruptcy.
- Representation of cable parts manufacturer in patent infringement and false advertising suit.
- Representation of insurance association pursuing complex breach of fiduciary duty and contract claims against insurance service conglomerate.
- Representation of owner of multiple news websites in nationally publicized copyright and trademark infringement action against prominent media organization claiming Fair Use defense for competing websites.
- Representation of medical equipment (re)manufacturer in claims of trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition against former employees and competitor.
- Representation of inventor of computer anti-virus detection method in claims against leading anti-virus software manufacturer.
- Representation of a major data storage manufacturer against software maintenance service provider in connection with copyright, DMCA and patent claims.
- Representation of major data storage manufacturer defending against patent infringement claims brought by non-practicing patent holding company.
- Representation of mortgage registration system in litigation over lending and foreclosure practices.
- Representation of an international energy conglomerate against tort claims brought as result of catastrophic accident involving European subsidiary.
- Representation of a leading provider of navigation software to the trucking industry in suit over unraveling of acquisition of competitor.
- Representation of waste management operator in ownership and breach of duty dispute with joint venture partner.