Joseph L. Stanganelli
One International Place ~ 14th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
Joe Stanganelli concentrates his practice on intellectual property disputes and complex commercial litigation, including trial court practice in both the federal and state courts and before the American Arbitration Association, as well as Court of Appeals arguments. In addition to patent litigation, Joe's more than 22 years of experience has involved successfully representing corporate clients in multiple business litigation contexts, including copyright, trademark, trade secret and unfair competition suits, technology license and development disputes, complex insurance litigation, and private company shareholder disputes. Joe also regularly advises clients on litigation prevention and avoidance, and pre-litigation strategy, to achieve their business goals.
- Representation of food packaging patent owner in infringement litigation with international defendants; ongoing enforcement of clients patent rights in suits with multiple defendants.
- Representation of European pharmaceutical company in patent license dispute with U.S. licensor/debtor in bankruptcy.
- Representation of cable parts manufacturer in patent infringement and false ad suit and cross-suit.
- Representation of insurance association pursuing complex breach of fiduciary duty and contract claims against insurance service conglomerate.
- Representation of owner of multiple news websites in nationally publicized copyright and trademark infringement action against prominent media organization claiming Fair Use defense for competing websites.
- Representation of medical equipment (re)manufacturer in claims of trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition against former employees and competitor.
- Representation of inventor of computer anti-virus detection method in claims for breach of license agreement against leading anti-virus software manufacturer.
- Representation of mortgage registration system in litigation over lending and foreclosure practices.
- Representation of an international energy conglomerate against tort claims brought as result of catastrophic accident involving European subsidiary.
- Representation of a major data storage manufacturer against software maintenance service provider in connection with copyright and DMCA claims.
- Representation of a leading provider of navigation software to the trucking industry in suit over unraveling of acquisition of competitor.